Massage Therapist Training Indiana
Massage Therapist Requirements in Indiana
In order to become a licensed massage therapist in the State of Indiana, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete a 500-hour massage therapist training course
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Provide evidence of a passing score on the MBLEx, NCETM, NCBTMB, or NCBA NCE exam
- Complete a criminal background check through www.identogo.com
After you complete a 500-hour training program, you then can fill out an application to become a therapist. You must mail in the application to the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency, along with a cashier’s check or money order for $100. The form can be found here.http://www.in.gov/pla/files/Current_MT_Application_-_2013.pdf
The following items must also accompany the application:
- Passport photo and
- notarized copy of your professional liability insurance*
In addition, original transcripts from the massage therapy school where training was completed must be sent directly to the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency.
At this time, the Indiana State Board of Massage Therapy does not require continuing education to complete recertification. However, you must still renew your certification and pay a fee every four years.
* Notaries can charge a small fee. We suggest you contact your bank regarding their price for this service. Note that many credit unions provide this service for free to their members.
Indiana Massage Therapist Salary
This training is most valuable if it translates into earnings. For specific data on massage therapist’s salary in Indiana click here. We’ve extracted information from labor surveys to give you local data specific to salary expectatations for massage therapists in Indiana.