Massage Therapist Training South Carolina
Massage Therapist Requirements in South Carolina
In order to become a licensed massage therapist in the State of South Carolina, you must:
- Provide evidence of a passing score on the or MBLEx or NCE exams
- Supply a copy of a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Provide a copy of a state issued driver’s license, state issued ID, or passport
- Provide a copy of social security card
- Complete a 500-hour massage therapist training course
- Provide a passport photo
After you complete a 500-hour training program, you then can fill out an application to become a massage therapist. You must mail in the application to the South Carolina Massage/Bodywork Therapy Panel, along with a check or money order for $150. The form can be found here.
In addition, original transcripts from the massage therapy school where training was completed must be sent directly to the South Carolina Massage/Bodywork Therapy Panel.
Following licensure, note that all massage therapists must complete at least 12 hours of continuing education every two years. You should include a minimum of three hours of ethics training as part of the total. Failure to complete these hours may result in a refusal to renew your massage therapist license by the state.